The Practice And Implementation Division has five major missions:
1. Promotes the development of practical procedures based on the most recent theory and research to enhance the use of cooperative learning, school based decision making, academic controversy, decision-making controversy, conflict resolution, peer mediation.
2. Maintains a national and international network of school districts, colleges, and other organizations involved in long-term implementation of cooperative learning, the cooperative school, controversy, and peacemaking procedures. We work with schools and universities throughout the United States and the world.
3. Publishes a newsletter to maintain and enhance the efforts of school districts and colleges in the network and distributes publications to disseminate state-of-the-art procedures for practitioners and professionals.
4. Conducts conferences for “super-implementers” to enhance and support each other’s efforts and exchange strategies for enhancing long-term, ongoing implementation programs.
5. Coordinates activities of cooperative learning centers throughout the world. We provide these centers with materials and encouragement.